Friday, March 27, 2009

Munto TV 09

























Episode 09 (8.5/10 Really Great)
Impression:
It’s the sailor scouts! Hahaha! I couldn’t believe it when I saw that. I mean, how random was that? “Those aren’t clothes for fighting…” Jeans and T-shirts? And he gave them short-skirted sailor fuku? I think that was a little over-the-top. But, I guess it was okay since Ichiko pointed it out. This certainly wasn’t the emotional finale it could have been with some better writing and better directing. I don’t plan to attack this show, because I enjoyed it. However, I think this remake could have been a wonderful opportunity to fix the problems of the older OVA’s instead of making new ones. With a great creative premise, more could have been done. Hopefully they’ve learned something between Munto TV and the movie coming out later this year. I loved the “falling” scene! When Yumemi and Suzume laugh and say they’re scared: that was a great starting scene. Also, the slight brush of romance between Munto and Yumemi was cute. (I’m referring to the part where he says she was who he wanted to protect.)
Suggestive Content:
The philosophy of the “Munto” world I mentioned in the last episode. Ichiko mentions Munto having a fetish for sailor fuku.
Rating:
Animation: 9/10
Characters: 9/10
Writing: 7/10
Pacing: 7/10
Enjoyment: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment