Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Final Impression - Getsumen to Heiki Miina






















Okay, I’m finally dropping this series – it took me 6 episodes to do it – more than half the season. The well just ran dry. It was a fanservice anime, running on gag and scantily clad bunny girls and that’s not enough for my time. It’s kind of like poop – it’s all the extra stuff that you don’t need.
This is a Final Impression – it’s sort of like a review, only I haven’t finished the series. I decided there should be a formal farewell for the shows I’m dropping. After all, there’s a reason I’m dropping them. I try to pick shows I won’t drop, but, you never know, do you?
These are the problems I had with Getsumen to Heiki Miina:
The use of women as stuffed bunnies.
I remember an anime blog colleague pointing out the millions of dollars spent to attach giant carrots onto a girl’s butt. Mina and the other Miinas basically are a device to be used for convenient camera angles and breast jiggles, not characters. Even the non-bunny faces we know are just stock characters.
Boredom.
Let’s face it (I had to) after a while milk-tasting mediocre, gags just aren’t enough to satisfy. After a while it’s just useless, even annoying. Also, don’t expect character development from a fanservice anime.
Bizarreness.
There is such a thing as too bizarre a concept. In fact, if a writer’s not careful, a weird concept without enough reality to tie down the reader/watcher will be confusing or fall flat.
Rating:
Concept: (4/10)
Writing: (5/10)
Characters: (7/10)
Animation/Art: (7/10)
Voice Acting:
(7.5/10)
Enjoyment: (6/10)
Total: 60.84/100
Content Warning:
This is the kind of anime that will put a camera anywhere near a convenient place around its girl characters. Expect jiggling breast, skimpy outfits, and weapons smashing down on certain body parts. There’s lot of slapstick and other gags.
Recommendations:
Lucky Star, Pani Poni Dash, Android Ana Maico 2010, Kannagi, Love Hina, Mezzo DSA, Rec, Sailor Moon, Seto no Hanayome, 2x2 Shinobuden, Hayate the Combat Butler,

No comments:

Post a Comment