Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Birdy the Mighty Decode 2 07



















Episode 07 (9.5 Almost a masterpiece!)
Impression:
When the animation switched to superflat… how cool! I’m a huge fan of superflat! It reminded me of Tekkon Kinkreet, Studio 4C. When it first changed, it freaked me out a little, since I wasn’t used to seeing in Birdy the Mighty Decode. Usually the animation is rounded and muted. But, I have to congratulate the animators because using superflat for action sequences it perfect. I had read part of a review from one of my peer that said it was &%$*$ epic. I don’t approve of the way he/she said it, but I do agree that this episode is outstanding. Violin and Birdy’s relationship and experience in the tower… you’ve got to watch this episode, because I’m speechless.
Suggestive Content:
Disturbing images in the terrorist attack scene make this episode a little intense. Also, Violin is beaten pretty badly. In an earlier shot she doesn’t have clothes on (but, she’s a robot, so take that as you will.)
Rating:
Animation: 9.5/10
Characters: 9/10
Writing: 9/10
Pacing: 9/10
Enjoyment: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment