Tuesday, March 3, 2009

First Look @ Kyouran Kazoku Nikki













Episode 01 (7/10 Above Average)
Impression:
I don’t know if I’ll continue watching this, because I’m not in the mood for this kind of crazy. So, I’ll give some recommendation, even though I haven’t seen the whole show. It really reminds me of The Gargoyle of the Yoshinaga’s, so if you liked that show, you’ll enjoy this. When this came out, I was eager to see it, but I don’t think it’s a good compliment to the shows I’m watching now. It was upbeat and fun, though. It’s a little hackneyed to have a sudden marriage in the first episode, as that’s a big plot device in most anime. I’m getting tired of it.
Recommendations: The Gargoyle of the Yoshinaga’s, Seto no Hanayome, Alien Nine
Suggestive Content:
There’s a question of the “ceremony” between a husband and wife Kyouka talks about, but she really means cooking. The siblings are children of Enka, a god, and Kyouka considers herself omnipotent. Yuka is shown in the bath so we can see her scars. Kyouka’s little-girlish form may raise some lolicon elements. The last child they find is suspected to be gay.
Rating:
Animation: 7/10
Characters: 7/10 (Interesting, if nothing else…)
Writing: 6/10
Pacing: 7/10 (Fast!)
Enjoyment: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment