Thursday, March 19, 2009

First Look @ Clannad After Story





















Episode 01 (7/10 Above Average)
Impression:
Opening the show with a filler episode? Well, I know that the rest of the show is going to be nonstop, full-on story, so I guess I can forgive the writers. I think they just wanted to reintroduce all the characters with a fun little baseball tourney. It reminded me of the baseball episode of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya – only Haruhi’s was much better. Don’t get me wrong, I love Clannad and I’m an almost crazy KyoAni fan. Have I mentioned that before? Yoshino’s speech was the best thing in the entire episode. I’m still laughing about that. I am angry that I can’t find a widescreen version, though.
Oh, and, I should tell you, I’m dropping Kurokami in favor of this one.
Suggestive Content:
Some bad language, maybe, and some slapstick violence. Not much to report.
Rating:
Animation: 9/10
Characters: 8/10
Writing: 7/10
Pacing: 7/10
Enjoyment: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment