Monday, February 9, 2009

First Look @ Skip Beat!














Episode 01 (8/10 - Great!)
Impression:
It just goes to show... women: you have to take care of yourself. Men: don't push women too far. Haha. I don't mean this in a sexist way; I'm just saying... I've been waiting to watch this episode for a long time. Every time I tried to start it, something came up. Now, finally, the is over and it was very satisfying! I'm reminded of Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge - not only by the art or the strong theme of image, the humor is very similar. For a long, long time I thought Skip Beat was authored by Rie Takada because Kyoko is so much like Takada-sensei's female leads and the art is almost the same. Jokes on me, I guess. Kyoko is a flustered, strong, and emotional heroine - I can't wait to see her kick Sho's butt!
Suggestive Content:
Kyoko and Shotaro "live" together. (He's never there, though.) This is a revenge story, which may concern some. There's talk of a god and goddess in the beginning.
Rating:
Animation: 8/10
Characters: 8/10
Writing: 8/10
Pacing: 8/10
Enjoyment: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment