Wednesday, February 4, 2009

First Look @ Bounen no Xamdou























Episode 01 (9/10 - Fantastic!)
Impression:
Breathtaking! The animation is so fluid and the bright colors set the stage for imaginitive sci-fi. The concept of a person turning into a monster is one I appreciate very much. I'm trying to do the same with a story I'm writing, but that's beside the point. It's an age-old but enticing focus. What seperates humans from beasts? And is monstrocity a step away from being beasts? Where are the lines drawn? As Christians, we know we're made in the image of God. What happens when our image changes? I very much doubt this show, being secular, will address this way of thinking; I'm just going off on my own tangent. Bones, you have my attention again. Don't let me down!
Suggestive Content:
Lots of disturbing images as Akiyuki transforms into a monster. I foresee battles and human-on-monster fights.
Rating:
Animation: 10/10 (This is about as good as it gets.)
Characters: 8/10
Writing: 8/10
Pacing: 9/10
Enjoyment: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment