Monday, February 9, 2009

First Look @ Fresh Pretty Cure




















Episode 01 (1/10 – Not worth my time)
Impression:
When I saw the ice cream scepter, I knew what kind of show this was. It’s too bad preteen girls (in America) don’t watch anime. They're all watching Hannah Montana. And, Hannah Montana is better than this. Fresh Pretty Cure is yet another sling-off of the Pretty Cure franchise. This show is just a rehash of every other magical girl show there is. If you just want to watch every single mahou shoujo series ever created, be my guest and add this one to the list. Don’t get me wrong, I love mahout shoujo – but, if it’s the same as every other cheap series, why should I spend the one hundred hours of footage watching the same stinking thing over and over?
Suggestive Content:
Love winds up in a fortune-telling house and the fortuneteller (and villain) consults her crystal ball about Love’s future. The outfit Miyuki wear is self-accentuating; Japanese culture is very used to this and encourages girls of any age to wear such outfits. This is just a minor sociocultural thing I wanted to bring up.
Rating:
Animation: 3/10
Characters: 2/10
Writing: 0/10 (What writing? They imitated everything else! If everyone imitates, we’ll be watching the same show forever!)
Pacing: 5/10
Enjoyment: 1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment