Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bounen no Xamdou 02




















Episode 02 (9/10 – Fantastic!)
Impression:
I think every episode of Bounen no Xamdou is going to blow me away! The action is everything it should be. Again, it reminds me of FLCL – very swift, fluid, and exciting. It’s the characters, though, that stood out to me this episode. Haru was able to hear Akiyuki’s cry “I want to live” even though he was in the form of a X’amd. I wonder what power she got from the explosion. I will be watching the relationship between Haru and Akiyuki very closely and with great anticipation. The writers were skilled enough to focus on this. Xamdou sort of reminds me of another BONES baby, Eureka Seven, but I like this much better!
Suggestive Content:
The little boy on board, Hinokimaru, punches Raigyo in the crotch. More disturbing images and violence
Rating:
Animation: 10/10
Characters: 9/10 (An interesting cast; can’t wait to see them interact.)
Writing: 9/10
Pacing: 9/10 (Fast but doesn’t leave audience in the dust.)
Enjoyment: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment