Thursday, February 5, 2009

First Look @ Kyou no Go no Ni























Episode 01 (7/10 - Above Average)
Impression:
Okay, I watched the first episode of Today in Class 5-2 OVA a couple years ago. I saw it was an ecchi anime, so I dropped it. But, because I want to provide an honest assessment of current anime through Christian eyes, and partially because I wanted to give this TV series the benefit of the doubt, I watched it. Honestly, Nagasawa Tsuyoshi didn't handle certain parts very well. The first scene is awkward and the scene in which the boys are playing "guitar" with the broom was so repetitive it was boring. But, it was his first time directing, and I think he deserves praise for the animation, which I love! I really like that superflat look. The close-up drawings I don't like, however. They close-ups make the characters look 30 while the other way makes them look like kids. The contrast is bad. Overall, I enjoyed the episode more than I thought I would. I feel sorry for Ryouta being stuck under an umbrella in between two girls.
Suggestive Content:
This is a fanservice show; the fact that it's ecchi and the characters are in 5th grade is cause for concern. When Ryouta gets a papercut, Aihara puts his finger in her mouth; this turns him on. The superballs the boys are bouncing flip up the girls' skirts; but, nothing is shown. Also, Yuuki falls and manages to kick Ryouta in a vulnerable place in the process.
Rating:
Animation: 9/10
Characters: 7/10 (Not much development.)
Writing: 6/10
Pacing: 5/10
Enjoyment: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment