Friday, April 10, 2009

First Look @ Ristorante Paradiso














Episode 01 (6.5/10 Fairly Good)
Impression:
My best prediction based on this episode and the preview is that it’s going to be pretty melodramatic. I’m not sure what to make of the old guys with glasses fetish that’s present in this show. A colleague of mine called it an old man version of Ouran High School Host Club. I’ve never seen Host Club, but I know enough to laugh at the comparison. The art is nothing special – kind of flat, but consistent with the Josei style. I did like the background for the flashbacks. I’m hoping the characters will be able to be explored deeply, because that will be what pulls this show out of the “mehh” pile. I’ll give it a couple more chances.
Suggestive Content:
Adult language and some innuendo. Nicholetta’s mother is lying to her current husband about not being divorced.
Rating:
Animation: 6/10
Characters: 7/10
Writing: 7/10
Pacing: 7/10
Enjoyment: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment