Saturday, April 4, 2009

First Look @ Phantom; Requiem for the Phantom




















Episode 01 (6.5/10 Slightly Above Average)
Impression:
The drama, especially in the first half, was over-the-top. At least around the midway point things became more interesting. I didn’t realize this was a Bee Train show before I watched it. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve liked a couple Bee Train shows in the past, but after Noir and Madlax, all their shows are the same. Yes, I felt many Bee Train elements: choir chanting in the background, two nameless gunmen thrown into a symbiotic relationship, a mysterious organization of slick-looking men and a couple busty women, an emotionless girl… German names… The animation was clear and crisp, which was the highlight of the show. This will probably be better than El Bruja and I know it’ll be better than Avenger. But, after all these years, Bee Train doesn’t know how to make a different kind of anime.
Suggestive Content:
Violence and language. Zwei falls on top of Ein during their fight. The busty women I mentioned above don’t hide the fact that they’re busty.
Rating:
Animation: 8/10
Characters: 7/10
Writing: 6/10
Pacing: 6/10
Enjoyment: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment