Friday, April 3, 2009

First Look @ K-ON!



























Episode 01 (8/10 Great)
Impression:
The best line: “I’ve always wanted someone to say to me, ‘would you like fries with that?’”
I must confess, I love cute things. In fact the character designs remind me of Barasui (who draws Strawberry Marshmallow) and one shot of Yui looked like Takahashi Shin’s work! I like Mio’s hair. As far as the construct of K-ON, the concept is a little mediocre, I’m hoping they can make work it to their advantage; and, the main characters are awfully cliché. Nevertheless, they’re cute and funny. It reminded me a lot of Manabi Straight! Not many liked that show, but I enjoyed it; I’m counting on K-ON to be better than that, though. I’m just so excited that this is out now! There was an allusion to Detroit Metal City (which I hated!), so we can probably expect more musical anime tidbits.
Suggestive Content:
In one shot, Yui’s butts pretty close to the camera.
Rating:
Animation: 8.5/10
Characters: 8/10 (I already like them all!)
Writing: 8/10
Pacing: 7/10
Enjoyment: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment