Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Umi Monogatari 03
















Episode 03 (8/10 Great)

Impression:

For being so retro-feeling in concept and atmosphere, it’s really holding its own. And I’m rooting for it. I enjoyed learning more about Kanon; I can safely say she’s my favorite character. They carried that “evil aura” characteristic further than I had expected. What I didn’t like was how she decides not to go to university. I never really agreed with her mother telling her not to go to college, to stay and take over their little fortunetelling business. If I were her mother, I’d tell her to explore what she wanted for herself. College never hinders anyone; it opens roads. Those are my feelings, anyway. The other point I wasn’t thrilled with was how close this show is coming to the monster-of-the-week genre. That’s hardly ever a good venue to take.

Suggestive Content:

A bath scene featuring all three girls and it’s pretty detailed, though, not gratuitous. The urchin villain tries to kiss Kanon, which isn’t really bad, just weird. Fortunetelling.

Rating:

Animation: 8/10

Characters: 8/10

Writing: 7/10

Pacing: 8/10

Enjoyment: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment