Saturday, July 11, 2009

First Look @ Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
















Episode 01 (8/10 Great!)

Impression:

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 reminded me so much of Whisper of the Heart (which I’m deeply devoted to.) Shizuku and Mirai are so much alike, even in appearance, it’s funny. I have to say I usually hate children in anime; either they’re spoiled, obnoxious brats or very annoying. But, I like Yuuki. Too bad his sister doesn’t take better care of him. The third main character, the delivery lady they kept bumping into, looks like a character I’ll like; which reminds me, I’d like to start creating character profiles for some of my favorite characters. As for Mirai’s character, I hope she grows more mature throughout the series. She’s not necessarily a bad heroine; all good main characters need to change – that’s why there’s a story in the first place. BTW, the script writer is none other than the script writer of Full Metal Alchemist.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 was one of the three (Canaan, Bakemonogatari) that I was most anticipating this season. Now that all of the shows have aired (GA hasn’t been subbed yet, though) and I’ve had a chance to view the first episode, the shows I’ll be blogging are: Canaan, Tokyo Madnitude 8.0, Bakemonogatari, Umi Monogatari, Taishou Yakyuu Musume, and Geijutsuka Art Design Class (?)

Genre: If Miyazaki wrote a disaster drama it would be like this

Suggestive Content:

As innocent as Ghibli.

Rating:

Animation: 8.5/10

Characters: 8.5/10 – Can’t wait to learn more about the Tiger Delivery Lady.

Writing: 7.5/10 – Nothing special yet

Pacing: 7/10

Enjoyment: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment