Saturday, July 25, 2009

CANAAN 02
















Episode 02 (8/10 Great)

Impression:

The taxi scene was brilliant – especially when Maria and the driver start singing that pop song. I see some potential problems that could develop, however. As I’ve mentioned several times before, too many characters or plots pulling the series in too many directions can dilute the story. I have absolutely no criticism for the action scenes. What fighting and gun shots in live shows does for other people, animated action scenes do for me. I find myself starting to care about the characters (Canaan, Maria, the waitress, etc.) which is a great sign, but I don’t want them to get cheated by flat side characters.

Suggestive Content:

There’s a slow pan of Maria, nude; her hair covers her bust and a shower scene and after-shower scene with Alphard, a towel covering her bust (but does that really make it censored? A debate for another time.) The waitress girl sticks meat buns down her dress to make her breasts look big.

Rating:

Animation: 9/10

Characters: 9/10

Writing: 8/10

Pacing: 8/10

Enjoyment: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment