Saturday, January 31, 2009

First Look @ White Album

















Episode 01 - (7/10 - Above Average)

Impression:
The reason I wanted to watch this is because Hirano Aya is in it and I'm a fan of hers. So far it seems like all the other idol anime, so I'm really hoping it will become its own show. The tone is very serious and dramatic - I think this is due to the background music, which pretty unique. At first I wondered how Yuki was an idol since she was quite plain and flat. Her make-over at the end is a much better image; I hope she keeps it. Through the events at the end of the episode, we get a glimpse of her resilience. I hope she'll become a stronger herione. The director appears to be skilled. The art director is none other than Katahira Shinji, art director of Haibane Renmei. This explains why art is very diferent from the art of the manga:

Suggestive Content:
White Album is going to become a very emotional drama with serious romantic development, so expect some mature themes.
Rating:
Animation: 7/10 - (Not my favorite)
Characters: 8/10 (It looks like the creators will be serious about their development.)
Writing: 8/10
Pacing: 7/10
Enjoyment: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment