Saturday, January 24, 2009

First Look @ Kemono no Souja Erin










Episode 01 - (4/10 - Below Average, I'm sorry to say)

Impression:
This show reminds me very much of Moyori no Mori, which I thought would be dark and phychological, but turned out to be a typical child-has-supernatural-power-in-the-forest show. It also reminds me of Pokemon - especially the incredibly cute Touda baby (awww!) Truthfully, I don't like the fantasy genre, so this may not have been as disappointing if I did. Hamana Takayuki (director of the also disappointing Chocolate Underground, and Prince of Tennis.) was the one calling the shots in this production. I don't understand it - you see, he directed Library War also, which I loved so much. Maybe he's suited better in the Josei genre. I don't know
Seeing as my opinion is low and the fact that there are 50 episodes, I won't be watching this. Although, I think kids would like it - if they don't care about reading subtitles. I'm sure the little ones in Japan are enjoying it more.

Suggestive Content:
Nothing. Even the battle scene at the beginning was calm and bloodless. And eventless. Some mild "emotional intensity," nothing a modern-day child couldn't handle.

Rating:
Animation: 4/10
Characters: 5/10
Writing: 5/10
Pacing: 5/10
Enjoyment: 3/10

By the way, this is the art of the manga:

No comments:

Post a Comment