Sunday, January 25, 2009

First Look @ Shikabane Hime: Aka


















"You are unable to be frightened by death. Thus, you are scared of yourself, aren't you?"
Impression (9/10 - Fantastic)
I had briefly looked at the first few minutes of this episode a couple months ago when it came out. My anime club is in need of a short anime (about 12-13 episodes) to watch this semester, and Shikabane being in the genre that they like, I reconsidered this. I should have kept watching it months ago! A wonderful balance of action, drama, comedy, and horror - a wonderful first episode. I hope the quality keeps up for the whole series. I'm going to take it to club Tuesday and see what my fellow club members think. Even if they don't like it, I'll be finishing this. I'm very curious about that cat. And, does anyone else see the slap mark in the last photo?
Suggestive Content:
Firstly, the protagonists are Buddhists; and, they're bringing humans back to life and healing them through some sort of supernatural power (which I'm guessing isn't the power of Jesus Christ.) Makina, has two shower scenes, but they were meant to show the lacerations on her body and not her body. There's a reference to harem, of which one boy obviously approves. Kagami drops a cardboard box and girly magazine spill out. This last one is getting to be a casual gimmick in anime.
Rating:
Animation: 10/10
Characters: 8/10 (Need more time to develop, but we have plenty of time.)
Writing: 8/10
Pacing: 9/10
Enjoyment: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment