Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First Look @ Rideback

























Episode 01 - (9.5/10 - Almost a Masterpiece)
Impression:
The world is changing.
Madhouse (my favorite studio) is pulling no punches with Rideback, especially not with its animation. The digital painting casts a pink glow, trully lovely. The CG was kind of too noticable, but I dare any artist to draw Fuento by hand. I was very excited when I learned about this anime and my anticipation has been beautifully justified. I like how Rideback captures the rapture of the artist for her art, and the rediscovery of their art through a new, unexplored means. This episode gave me that Josei feeling; this isn't just another high school mecha. I appreciate this older setting because that's where I am in my life. (Shows like Honey & Clover, Nodame Cantabile, and Hataraki Man that explore the feelings of yound ladies at the point of change in their life - these shows have my admiration, and this is one of them.)
Suggestive Content:
As our heroine rides the Rideback, passers-by get a peek of her panties, which we viewers get to see in about a 3-second panty-shot. Shouko steps out of the shower in a towel, but it's done decently. Although there is little objectible, this show has a mature atmosphere, so I doubt viewers younger than 16 will be able to fully appreciate it.
Rating:
Animation: 10/10
Characters: 9/10 (I hope fangirl w/glasses won't become as annoying as she has potential to be.)
Writing: 9/10
Pacing: 9/10
Enjoyment: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment