Monday, August 10, 2009

Umi Monogatari 05
















Episode 05 (7/10 Above Average)

Impression:

Urin is a brat. I know she’s having a hard time, feeling lonely and guilty for unleashing Sedna; but, she’s being selfish. There comes a point at which siblings need to become separate, their own person. Jealousy is driving Urin to be evil… which, I might add is a great plot twist. I’m going to enjoy this. I was very confused about Oshima. I thought she was Kanon’s friend from episode 3, but that was Suzuki. (I had to get the episode out and check.) Also, isn’t is just too true how tourist will buy the stupidest junk if you tell them it will boost their love life?

Suggestive Content:

There’s a long, slow-motion shot of Marin running, her bosom jumping and jiggling. Oshima is jealous that her chest isn’t as big.

Rating:

Animation: 8/10

Characters: 8/10

Writing: 7/10

Pacing: 7/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment