Saturday, August 1, 2009

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 04
















Episode 04 (8/10 Great)

Impression:

One blogger called this a kid’s show. He or she was disappointed because he was expecting a serious look at what would happen in the case of a disaster. I’m really not sure how to respond to that. I keep remembering Grave of Fireflies and Barefoot Gen. Am I the only one who doesn’t understand the problem here? Does the blogger want more realistic drawing? More realistic writing? Or does he/she just want more violence? Or, more destruction? Well, in my opinion, Tokyo Magnitude is a great show, whether it’s meant for kids or older audiences. I’m not without my gripes, though. I would like the writers to play the drama out a bit better. I noticed some of the people in the crowd scenes are computer-generated; as long as they don’t stand out too much, they won’t bother me. I like the way Mirai’s character changes subtly. When working with a story that takes place within a short time, a writer must remember the time restrictions.

Suggestive Content:

Nothing to worry about except scenes of destruction and some bathroom talk. Honestly, though, when Yuuki-kun sat on the paper toilet, I laughed so hard!

Rating:

Animation: 9/10 – I love the colors of this show!

Characters: 10/10

Writing: 8/10

Pacing: 8/10

Enjoyment: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment