Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Umi Monogatari 04
















Episode 04 (8/10 Great)

Impression:

The 6th episode has aired in Japan and I’m still waiting for fansubs for episode 5. I’m about to give up on subs for GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class. I bet they’ll come out as gradually as Hidamari Sketch did. I’m so irritated! It’s times like these that my wish to speak and understand Japanese triples. Usually, I like only one character in a team whether it’s the superhero or sidekick – I typically like the sidekick better – but for this show, I enjoy knowing and rooting for both Marin and Kanon. Now, I like Kanon better, but it’s rare for me to like the other even a little bit. The closing scene between Kanon and Marin was my favorite in this series so far! I’m not very excited about the two new characters that were introduced. Warin is kind of a hindrance and Sam/Tom (evidently the fansubbers didn’t know his name) was a playboy. Though, if they had stayed on land, they might have developed enough to be likable, but they weren’t given that chance. Meanwhile, Urin is being developed and is turning quite annoying; so, maybe I’m wrong.

Suggestive Content:

Besides the skimpy mermaid outfits and use of magic, there’s nothing to mention.

Rating:

Animation: 8.5/10

Characters: 8/10

Writing: 7/10

Pacing: 9/10

Enjoyment: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment